LUCHA provides assistance for low-income and families seeking home repairs through two programs: Emergency Housing Assistance and Small Accessible Repairs for Seniors.
Emergency Housing Assistance Program
Our housing counselor helps low-income homeowners apply for free replacement or repair of roofing, porches and heating systems throughout the city of Chicago.
There are income and household size restrictions that apply. Call LUCHA for more information: 773-276-5338.
Small Accessible Repairs for Seniors
LUCHA helps seniors remain independent in their homes. SARFS provides home improvements and enabling devices to residents aged 60 and over. Our skilled repair crew installs handrails, modifies bathrooms, repairs floors and widens doorways to make your home safe and accessible for your mobility needs.
Types of improvements provided:
- Storm Windows
- Grab bars
How Do I Apply?
For information please call LUCHA at 773-276-5338.
LUCHA will assist any Chicago resident seeking home repairs but focuses on Wards 01, 26, 30, 31, 35. Don’t know your Ward? Look up here.
SARFS is available for homeowners and tenants. Applicants must bring the following documents with them to their appointment:
- Picture ID
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate, Passport or Certificate of Citizenship
- Proof of income for the current year for you and all the working members of your household
- Proof of monthly Pension, SSI or Public Aid
If you are a homeowner:
- Proof of ownership such as Deed or Property Tax Bill
- If multiple units: rent receipts for all rented apartments for last 3 months
- Divorce or death certificate if there is another person listed on Deed
If you are a tenant:
- Most recent rent receipts